Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Sad Day

I think today was just meant to be a sad day all around.

Last week, my Granddad died at the good age of 91. He had a very good life and has many people who love him, but it's still sad to lose someone who was so cherished.
granddad
This photo was taken by my sister when she was in England for Granddad's 90th birthday celebration. The funeral for him is today, but as it's in England unfortunatly I was unable to go. Even without being over there though, my thoughts are filled with memories of Granddad today.

And to add to that, this morning I woke up to the news that a training plane crashed on base today. Unfortunatly both the instructor and student in the plane died. The whole base has been shaken by this news. People seem to be holding their breath waiting for the names to be released so we can all figure out if we know the families and what we can do to help. It's times like these that you realize what a small, tight knit community the base is.

No comments: