Monday, May 19, 2008

Memories

Little things in daily life have an amazing way of transporting me to another time or place that I have stored away in my memories. I spent the weekend in Boston visiting my sister and her fiance and had a chance to photograph a beautiful Dogwood tree in their garden. Dogwoods always take me back to the house that I grew up in. There was a large dogwood outside the front door that was full of beautiful blooms all spring. This tree isn't quite there yet, but it still had some beautiful flowers.

dogwood 2

dogwood 1

dogwood 3

And one more photo from the weekend.... Make a wish!
dandelion

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was huge dogwood tree that flowered like gangbusters. I hadn't realized it before now, but I don't think we have any dogwood trees around us in California. It's a shame because I love them too.